The distinctive optical manipulation technology developed and commercialized by IMPETUX provides unprecedented power and ease of use for experiments in cell mechanics:
- Calibration-free force measurements in living cells
- Active microrheology measurements in multiple spots
- Automated routines for cell mechanics studies
- Compatible with phase contrast, DIC or fluorescence
- Force measurements in tissues (0.5 mm thickness)
- High efficiency trapping* for low cell damage
- Maximum control of laser power at sample
* Factor 2-3 compared to traditional technology.
The laser tweezers platform is composed by two units:
- the optical manipulation module for the trapping and motion of microscopic samples, and
- the force sensor module for the measurement of the biological forces involved in the experiment.